🙂 This is Fun 🙂
I found this article in Wiki How, enjoy!
“Simply put, doing unique, random, different, and ridiculous things is a good way to exercise the mind and promote new ways of thinking about the world around us. One hour of increased brain activity via thinking a lot or experiencing new stimuli can make you smarter, more energetic, more creative, more sociable, and more open to new experiences and ways of thinking.”
- Stimulate your ears differently. Try different music you haven’t tried before..
- Stimulate your eyes in new ways….
- Learn about different people and lifestyles.
- Take unusual classes… open your mind to learning things like Art History, Underwater Basketweaving, First Aid training, or Business Ethics… Learn different languages …
- If you exercise by jogging, biking, or walking, find new routes. Find parks where you live. Jog with different neighborhoods …
- Try foods you have never tried. Have you tried sushi? Have you tried Vietnamese? Mediterranean? Indian?…
- Learn to do a backflip. A kip-up. Take martial arts classes. Try some Hip-Hop classes…
- Try skiing, snowboarding, jet skiing, Hang gliding, parasailing, surfing, and anything else that pushes the limits of your comfort zone!
- Learn to juggle. A great workout for your brain, eyes and reflexes…
- Do the sudoku in the newspaper!
- Try to see another person’s perspective. What is important to that person? What is he or she self-conscious about?
- Travel – becoming an outsider really exposes a mind to new things. You can even do this travel inside your country or state! How well do you know your own city? Have you tried using only a bike, or only using your own two feet and public transportation?
There are much more tips in the article, but what really made me feel happy is that I already did almost all of the past list. Every now and then I listen to new music, observe new forms of art, I love meeting people with lifestyles different than mine, I keep up with attending some diverse workshops, I try to learn Spanish besides French, I go cycling every other week (and I try to go through different routes), I have finally tried Sushi and hope to try different foods, I do martial arts, I even tried a couple of hiphop classes (!), Water sports and diving are on my list for 2007 (ISA), mmm I didn’t try juggling before so I’d give it a try, and I LOVE travelling 🙂
Now, what more that can be done?? I would love to have a very long walk one day (example from Maadi to Down Town), I should work more on see another person’s perspective, I used to exercise this often, but now I don’t… mm I’d better do that kind of stuff more often.