I don’t like it when some people talk about games as the ultimate waste of time. And here I mean card games, board game, starting from KonKan, Domino americani, monolopy, risk, tawla 3ada, ma7boussa, chinese checkers,,, you name it. I love these games. When I was young I used to play it with my family,,, I remember spending hours playing KonKan, tawla and domino with my grandfather and cousins, and I enjoyed it. Aslan it taught me many things,
- domino amricani for examples made me love mathematics, for me multiplications were just a game,
- Monopoly gave me an idea about doing business, and made me realize that this is not my field of interest
- Tawla / Backgammon (My favorite is 3ada, but I also play ma7boussa and I have just started learning wa7ed we talatin), Risk and Stratego also taught me about strategy and risk taking… I don’t know why but I was never a chess fan.
- Chinese checkers taught me how to plan ahead, and how to be flexible because others may discover your plan and ruin it, and I loved playing with “el belii”
- Battle ship, we used to play it on a board and at other times with just using a pen and paper!
Even Nefertari used to play board games, we should be proud of our Egyptian heritage 🙂